Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year, New Projects!

 Kimmie here:
Here we are in January, but there's no time for taking stock. The Tucson shows are just weeks away; I have a few things in mind that I'd like to look for, but there's no telling what we'll find.

The Tahoe area got a decent amount of snow in December, so you can be sure I've been getting my share of turns in. I learned to ski last year, and it's coming along pretty well. The snowboard remains my favorite, however.

Here's the morning view from the Grandview Express lift at Sierra-at-Tahoe resort. Hang in there and you can see Lake Tahoe just at the end of the video. Is it any wonder I can't get enough?

Yes, I got a GoPro camera for Christmas. Morgan and I are determined to keep our heads about us with this thing. But it's not just for our outdoor adventuring. The GoPro will be fabulous for making beading tutorials too! My dad helped me practice with the editing software, and it seems quite simple. I'm really looking forward to doing this as an addition to my kits and just for fun, too. First up will be a tutorial on joining the Flying Fivewing cocktail ring featured in Contemporary Geometric Beadwork, Volume 2. I have promised that for the FREE Pattern Library that Kate's putting together. I know a lot of people are anticipating it, so look for step by step photos in a week or so, and a video before too long.

Talking about the creative process, sharing how it happens, is what Joan and I wanted to do with this blog from the first, but I know that on my part I tend to get caught up in it and blogging falls by the wayside. But I realize more and more how useful it is to stop and describe what I'm doing. I have several exciting projects cooking, and have set a firm intention to keep you in the loop.

Upcoming:
  • A whimsical mixed-media collaboration with Wayne Robbins and Judie Mountain.
  • A peek into the studio (you will laugh).
  • Notes from Tucson.
  • Working out bead designs, thinking about color.
It's hard to predict what I'll be working on next; one thing often leads to something completely different. That's half the fun, and it's what I'd like to share with you. Join me!

Happy 2015
Cheers, y'all!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment