Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bead Dreams Come True

Kimmie: Here's my entry for Bead Dreams, a 3 1/2 inch tall wool bead!


Joan suggested I enter the new Handmade Beads category with some needlefelting and this is what I came up with. I really like it! I have already started on another, and hope to have at least 3 for my booth at Bead and Button. They're very lightweight, should be great for designing with.
Joan: Super thrilled that both Kimmie and I are finalists in the same Bead Dreams category, Handmade Beads or Buttons. I went with a veggie theme and buttons. I always think since the magazine is still called "Bead & Button" there should be a few buttons. Here is my set of Buttons that made the cut. I won't be at Bead & Button in person this year so I am glad my veggies are representing for me :)



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous needle felting! I agree with you, Joan - let's here it for buttons! The first two years I attended B&B, I _only_ shopped for buttons (being a knitter rather than a beader back then). Now, I could see these making beautiful bracelet clasps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those buttons set my design mind spinning, too...Joan's things always do. How about a goregeous felt cuff with a hungry bunny on it, closed with the carrots? Or bead embroidery, no, regular embroidery...see, this always happens to me when I see new Joan goodies....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a vicious cycle isn't it? But a wonderful one :)

    ReplyDelete